Hey again everybody! hmmmm..... okay so the enter button isn't
working on this computer (the last computer didn't work at all) so
I'll just include more spaces when I'm changing paragraphs (hehe
weird). Thanks everyone who wrote me this week! (you know who
you are) it was great getting letters! Week 2 at the MTC was just as
good as week 1, and it even seemed a little bit shorter (I guess I
really am getting used to the MTC). Elder Packer came to speak
to us last night :). For all of you who just got super excited about
President Boyd K. Packer coming to speak to me, I'm sorry, it was his
son (I think) Elder Allan Packer of the quorum of the seventy. Even
if it wasn't the Packer we all think of, Elder Allan Packer was still
a very very good speaker, and I loved his talk! He talked to us about
how we can teach investigators better and how we can prevent
investigators from hitting roadblocks in their progression through
missionary discussions and progressions through the gospel as a whole.
I thought it was really cool that he compared the gospel to a giant
connect-the-dots puzzle, where each missionary lesson, truth,
commitment, and doctrine is a dot, and once the investigators can see
the big picture, they can (and more importantly they want to) finish
the puzzle on their own. It was a very good talk and I was really
grateful that he came. So, I know all of you don't know Elder
Soucy, but he had a really cool experience last week and I thought I'd
share it with you, because I really liked it. He's a 22 year old
convert from Quebec City who's in my zone (also going to Romania,
although he's about to leave). About 2 weeks ago when we new
missionaries (boboci in Romanian) were coming in, he started getting
eyeitis (inflamation of the eye) and started going blind in his right
eye. He was seeing the doctors all weekend and into last week, and on
Wednesday of last week the doctors told him that they were going to
give him eye drops to decrease swelling, and that if his swelling
wasn't decreasing by Thursday afternoon he would be sent to a United
States mission or simply sent home (his problem was something genetic,
so if it didn't get better fast they wouldn't wait on it). Of course,
that was kind of a big deal (ok, really a big deal) to our zone, and
especially our district, because he's pretty much the older brother of
our zone and we all admire him tons. So, our district had a district
fast for him, asked President Born (our branch president) to put him
on the Provo Temple Prayer Roll, and we all prayed like crazy. The
next day, he went to the doctor in the afternoon and came back later
in the day to tell us that his eye had gotten quite a bit better, and
that the doctor had cleared him to leave in 3 and a half weeks (2
weeks longer than he would normally stay). We were all super happy,
and it was amazing to see the faith of the 13 missionaries from my
district, the 4 from his district, and the Provo temple goers combine
to allow him to continue serving the Lord. Speaking of
Romania, I'm doing well with Romanian and Sora Petrisor actually
pulled me aside after TRC (Training Resource Center) on Monday to tell
me that she and Fratele Sandberg are amazed by the amount of Romanian
I've picked up already (that's a good sign I think). I thought it was
an amazing compliment, especially considering that she had listened to
my Romanian (It's not by any stretch of the imagination good enough to
ship out yet). I'm sorry I don't have more time to write. I
will send letters, though, so hopefully I can get more communication
done that way. Vă Iubesc! ---Elder Abbott
P.S. I got a haircut today, that was fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment