Hey everybody!
I hope everyone's had another fabulous week back home! I'm loving the MTC and this last week was pretty interesting. Last Saturday during our gym time our district here was playing soccer at the field. We were all having a great time as normal, and then it got interesting. Elder Benson, who played in high school, had the ball coming in from the right side (I was playing goalie) and he passed it up through the middle to Elder McCombs. The ball ended up about halfway between us two. We both ran for the ball, both of us thinking that the other one would stop and we ended up colliding with each other right where the ball was. Elder McCombs fell on the ground holding his wrist and started saying his wrist hurt and it was probably sprained. We helped him up to go to the trainer hut so that they could look at it and he said he couldn't balance very well. Elder Jones and I each put one of his arms over our shoulders and started walking him toward the hut. As we were walking his eyes rolled back and he went completely limp (not good). We laid him down as the trainers ran over. As soon as he was laying all the way down he sat up and said (as if nothing was happening) "What's up guys?" We all started laughing, the trainers got mad at us (thinking that we were playing a joke on them), and Elder Groberg and I helped Elder McCombs back up and started walking him to the trainer again. About ten feet later Elder McCombs passed out again. The trainers realized that we definitely weren't joking and ran to get water. Elder McCombs drank a whole water bottle in about 60 seconds, then was able to get back to the training hut, where he stayed until gym ended, icing his wrist. He went with his companion to a doctor's office afterward, where he got an x-ray and found out that his radial bone (I think that's it, or the radius. It's one of the two) had a clean cut straight through the big part at the end. The craziest thing about the break, though, is that it was a clean break. The doctor said that most breaks at the end of that bone end up as a spiderweb break and can sometimes damage half of the bone or more. The doctor said he had only seen a few breaks in that bone that were that clean in his whole career. I thought that was pretty cool, although I do feel really bad for getting Elder McCombs' arm broken.
Another interesting thing that happened was that we got to hear from Sister Wixom (the Primary General President) at our devotional last night, and she had us sing primary songs (for my first time since I was teaching, and for most people's first time in 7 or 8 years). It was really fun and cool to sing modified primary songs like "I'm glad they called me on a mission" and the like. She spoke about how Christ should be our best friend and I really liked her talk. Her husband also spoke and he said similar things, and that by the end of our missions we should be able to say without a doubt that Christ is our best friend. I definitely believe it.
Another interesting thing that my family might like (even though this is probably more for mom and dad) is that I met someone from Hill Cumorah again! His name is Elder Watson. I don't know where he's from but he was part of the cast team with Timmy and Clark and everyone in 2009. The interesting thing is that it turns out that he's going to Vancouver, Canada, and is flying there with Elder Soucy, who was reassigned last week because the doctor changed his mind and decided that Romanian medicine isn't good enough to trust, despite the fact that Elder Soucy is no longer having eye troubles. The doctor said that he was worried that Elder Soucy's eye would get worse again and that he would go blind before he could get to a good doctor.
I've seen a lot of Orem High people here this last week especially, even though I'd already seen a lot before this week. Elder Gowans came in this last week, as did (unless they came in two weeks ago?) Elder Holderness and Elder Hulme. I've also seen Elders Ethan Evans, Tyron Scouten, Elijah Thomas, Adam Jenkins, Jake Titensor, Seth Snow, and others who I know came in over a week ago. It almost feels like a second BYU with how many people I've seen here from Orem High already.
I'm glad Camp Helaman and Girls Camp went well this week! It sounds like everyone's very busy right now, and I hope everyone's having a great time! I miss all of you!
Cu Dragoste Mult,
Elder Michael Abbott
P.S. Katie how'd the ACT go?

No comments:
Post a Comment