Monday, September 12, 2011

A Whole New Mission

food
me eating food
a guy named Georgi with his sickle
a guy with a cow
"I cannot read a sealed book"
Grandpa Lorin can read this one.




Hello again everyone!

First things first, I have a bit of news for everyone. President Hill informed me today that I am no longer serving in the Romania Bucharest mission. Don't worry, this doesn't mean that I need to come home, go to a different country, or even learn a different language. Nothing about what I am doing is going to change. The name of the mission, however, did. President Hill told us that the Romania Bucharest Mission no longer exists, because its name has been changed to the "Romania Moldova Mission"! This means that I've served in 3 missions in my mission now (MTC, Romania Bucharest, Romania Moldova)! Just thought I'd let you know.

As for more pressing news, our district will be having two baptisms over the next 4ish weeks! Giorgiana, an investigator with the other companionship in Deva, is being baptized on the 24th of September. Giuliano, a 9 year old boy in a member family, has finally decided that he too would like to be baptized, and will be baptized as soon as his grandma comes from Spain, which will be between September 20th and October 10th! It's great to see them progressing!

Elder Hyatt and I are doing great here in Deva! We had an awesome lesson with 3 boys last night who are very very very very scripture smart. They've been studying the Bible for years and last night we met with them to talk. They explained to us over an hour and a half pretty much all that they believe, and it was cool to see how much they've picked up from the Bible that many people over the world misunderstand, such as the existence of other scripture (they consider it ridiculous to say that the Bible is the only possible scripture) and modern revelation (they believe that God can speak to anyone) as well as a lot of other great things which we can build upon with them! It was amazing to meet with boys (they are 15, 16, and 17) who know so much about the Bible and have learned so much already, and I can't wait to help them understand even more!

We've also met with a lot of members this week, especially less active members. It's amazing how strong all of their testimonies are and how much all of them believe. We're working on helping them become more active and we're already starting to see results (yesterday we had our largest church attendance since I've been here). I'm loving working here and meeting all of these awesome people!

I got a bunch of your letters at transfers a week and a half ago, and thanks to all of you who wrote! It's great hearing what's going on at home and to know you're all doing well! I hope you all have another great week! Love you all!

Cu multă dragoste, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment