A train conductor
playing soccer
Schnitzel we made
A man with some cows
A cool car and a yard we passed
Festival
Ciao Prietenilor!
This has been another awesome week! We had Georgiana's baptism Saturday evening, and she was confirmed at church on Sunday. It was super spiritual and it was a great experience for everyone there. Elder Nelson did the baptism. I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures of that but maybe I can get some from Elder Nelson next week or something. Another great thing about the baptism was that we had several visitors there (5 or 6 at least) and they are all awesome! Two of the visitors came to church the next day and to a branch activity which we had Sunday night. I'm getting way ahead of myself, though, so I'll just give you the week's major happenings in order.
Wednesday we had exchanges. I was with Elder Nelson, my district leader, and it was great! We talked to some really cool people on the streets and had a visit with a less active member which was fun.
Friday was when the craziness started. This weekend the Deva Annual Fall Festival was held, and we got to participate! We paid the Primaria (the local government) 100 lei last week, which earned us the opportunity to have a booth at the festival. We had the smallest space possible, just enough to set up 2 tables, with our street boards behind them, and us in the middle. The location the Primaria gave us was right near the entrance to the fair, in a little bottleneck part, where everyone walking by had to get closer together and slow down, which means a perfect opportunity to give people pass along cards! When it was super crowded we would just hand out pass along cards like crazy then talk to people if they stopped, and when it was less crowded we... did the same thing! It was just easier to talk to people for longer times. Whenever the opportunity arose, we could just take people behind our tables and sit down and have a lesson with them. We had 3 new investigators from Friday alone.
Saturday was even more busy. We barely had time to plan our week (which we were supposed to do Friday, but which didn't happen due to the festival) and had very little time at the festival due to the baptism and everything else. It was still great, though, as Georgiana, who was baptized, came to the festival and helped us do contacts, and she brought her non-member sister as well. At the baptism we had lots of visitors, including several girls we spoke with a week or so ago with whom we hadn't had much contact except for English class with one of them earlier Saturday afternoon. She showed up at the baptism with her friend, which was great.
Sunday we had church and more festival, as well as a branch activity. We had several visitors at the branch activity, which was a trivia game about the Book of Mormon set up by some of the members. Basically the weekend was super super good and we talked to probably nearly a billion people if not 2 or 6 billion (people). It was a super great week and I can't wait for this next one!
Anyway, I hope all of you are continually in good health and are continually pleased* by school and other things. *(interesting fact, in Romanian there does not exist the verb "to like" and instead of "I like this" they say "To me it is pleasing" and instead of "I like you" it's "To me it is pleasing of you". Just so you know) Until next week, have a great great great great time!
Cu dragoste din suflet, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:
Post a Comment