Fraţilor mei preaiubiţi,
So you know how we do missionary work in a field? Like the mission field? For some reason it's called a field but Piteşti is seriously the field of dreams! (Well the second or third one. Behind South America and Ploieşti, but who's counting?) Seriously, the work is going super well here. I've already seen miracles here so I'll just write them out one by one so that I don't get them confused
1. C... -- So I actually wasn't here for this miracle, but this guy was found by the missionaries about a month, maybe a month and a half ago, and was baptized just 2 or 3 weeks ago. This is a miracle, though, because before the missionaries found him he was a smoker and drinker. But when he heard the message of the gospel, he decided to quit. So he did. From that day. And now he's a member, necessary to be included because he leads to:
2. V... -- This is C...'s mom. She's older, but super sweet and nice. When She found out that C.... was being baptized she decided to come to church, and immediately loved it. She had a Restoration lesson with the missionaries, then a Resoration review lesson, then I was transferred in. My first lesson in Piteşti was with her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she told us at the end that she wanted to be baptized. She'll be baptized by C... on March 8th (the Romanian version of Mother's Day).
3. A... -- This girl is sick! Not literally sick. I mean the figurative kind of sick that means cool. But yeah. She was supposed to be baptized on Valentine's day, but got in a car crash the Sunday before and couldn't make it to church, then her parents found out about her baptism and freaked out at her, then pretty much this whole big thing went down and in the end she wasn't baptized. But, she met with us and told us that she still wants to be baptized! So she'll be baptized on March 24th.
4. M... -- This guy just randomly calls us my second country and tells us that he promised Elder M... (some of you know him, he went to Orem High and served in Piteşti last fall) that he would call him when he got back from Ireland. He told us he was drunk but wanted to change his life. When we visited him the next day he said the same thing, minus the drunk part. We're hoping we can get C... to come to a lesson with him on Tuesday.
5. Random Family I don't know -- calls us my 3rd night in Piteşti and tells us that they recieved a restoration pliant and a Book of Mormon last fall, read it, love it, know it's true, and were wondering if their kids were allowed to come to church with them. Yes. They are. They live in the countryside so we're meeting with them this week, didn't make it last weekend.
6. Elder B...'s family -- Elder B... is Romanian, adopted American, but when he got called here he found his family, and is now teaching them. They are super cool and nice and want to know if the gospel is true. They love church, the Book of Mormon, and the spirit. Seriously cool.
7. P... -- Sorry, she's not in Piteşti, but if you remember I was teaching her in Craiova. And I just found out that she's getting baptized in April!!!!!! I'm super happy. She was our only real investigator in Craiova and she had some things holding her back from baptism, but she's finally getting baptized! She has a super strong testimony, so it's not really a surprise that she is, just cool that she worked everything out.
Anyway, that's basically the biggest miracles we saw last weekend. I'm loving Piteşti and I know you are too.
Love you all!
With Love, Elder Michael Abbott
Ăstă e un sport care ne place
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment