Monday, February 13, 2012

Over and Out


 Houses with snow on them before the blizzard.
 snow drifts
 Nine foot pile of snow by the road before the blizzard started.
 Last Sunday in Craiova at church.

 Weather forecast for Feb. 13th...blizzard!
 Michael's planner from this last transfer and his planner for the next transfer.
 Snow on the balcony.
This snow is more than a cubit tall.


Hey everyone!

So, my stay in Craiova is coming to an end.  President Hill called Elder Lee while he was on exchange and told him first that Elder Lee is the new Branch President in Bacău, and then asked for me, but since I wasn't there I called him that night, after my exchange with Elder Pettit ended.  He then told me that I'm going to Piteşti!   They're bringing in Elder Finch, who started his mission here and is going into his last transfer, with Elder Staheli, a younger missionary who is currently in Piteşti with my future companion, Elder Bateman!  I met Elder Bateman at the Christmas party and then stayed the night at his apartment before heading back to Craiova, so I know him a little bit.  He's super cool.  He's actually a native Romanian, who was adopted by an American family when he was a baby.  He got called back to Romania on his mission, though, and a few transfers ago he managed to get into contact with his birth mother.  A few transfers later, he got transferred to Piteşti, where she lives now!  So he's teaching his birth family there right now which will be a super cool experience.
Piteşti used to be part of the same zone as Craiova, but starting this coming transfer will be part of the Ploieşti zone.  So I'm moving to a completely different zone.  President Hill changed the zone boundaries of every single zone and moved the zone leaders from 2 zones into different cities, so the whole mission has changed.  I know it doesn't effect you much but it's crazy here because we get used to our zone boundaries and then suddenly every single one changes and it's interesting.  So yeah, I'm part of the Ploieşti zone now.  Also in my zone are Braşov and Constanţa, and I'll have 4 other missionaries from my MTC group in my zone, 2 of them as companions in Ploieşti.
I'll miss Craiova, but I'm also excited to go somewhere new.  It's hard with only 2 missionaries in a city, so I'm looking forward to more missionary contact.  Most of all I'll miss the members who were baptized while I was here, plus the other members who I know and Paula, our best investigator right now.  I'm pretty sure I told you about her.  She's super cool, was brought to church by a family from Bucharest who visited us back in December, and has since started investigating, gained a testimony, quite coffee and smoking, and is now waiting to be baptized.  She's currently being held back by the fact that her ex-husband lives in her apartment (separate rooms, but still a problem) and neither of them have enough money to buy a new apartment.  She will get baptized, though.  So I'm looking forward to hearing about that when it happens.
One crazy thing happened this week.  Snow.  Remember last week how I said there hadn't been any snow like a blizzard yet?  I spoke too soon, as our daily weather report so kindly told us this morning.  We are being seriously pounded with snow and it's deep and nonstop falling.  You can see the pictures haha.  We have 24.5 inches of snow piled up on our balcony, and now we're just hoping we'll be able to make it to Bucharest for transfers.  The train people are usually pretty good about keeping the tracks clear, but with this much snow you never know.  So, wish me luck. :)
I hope all of you are happy and healthy, and until next week,
With love, Elder Michael Abbott
P.S. Pariuri sunt proaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment