Monday, March 5, 2012

If I told you D... wasn't baptized...I'd be lying

 Elder M..., D..., Elder L...
 C... and D...
 Our party after the baptism
 Elder B... during our morning workout :).  Don't worry he usually works out, he was just sick that day.
 My study space.
A tiny street sweeper that goes around Centru and cleans the sidewalks.


Hey everyone!
So this was a super good week!  We had 2 major things happen this week, which were zone conference, and D...'s baptism!
Zone conference was super awesome.  We had a combined conference for the Ploiești and București zones, which means the Pitești, Ploiești, Brașov, and Constanța districts from the Ploiești zone, and the Mihai Bravu București, Panduri București, Craiova, and Alexandria districts from the București zone.  I got to see a lot of my friends from the MTC and it was a super good conference too.  We learned about the importance of baptismal commitments and member work.  Seriously, member work is super important.  Without members missionary work is hardly effective at all.  I wrote down some quotes for all of you from the conference.  "Kindness is love with its work boots on." -Sora Z...", "Be here without fear" -Elder D..., "Every second of every day look for something to smile at." -Elder F...,  "If we live in a way so that we have no regrets, we will never need to worry." -Elder Fr....
On Saturday we had a baptismal ceremony for D..., one of the other elder's investigators.  He is super cool and he was super prepared for baptism.  It's super cool that he got baptized and there was a super strong spirit there.  On Sunday he was confirmed, and then a miracle happened!  Elder B... and I have an investigator named M... that was baptized a few weeks ago in a different city because he wanted a certain missionary to baptize him, and because he lives outside of the city he hadn't been able to make it to church for the last 3 weeks for his confirmation.  So Elder B... and I fasted that he would come, even though we had talked to him Friday and Saturday and he said he wasn't sure he'd make it, and halfway through sacrament meeting he walked in!  So we had his confirmation at the end of Sacrament meeting.  It was super cool and showed me the power of fasting.  For more on that subject, see Isaiah 58.  I read it Sunday morning and I loved it.  It's all about fasting and the sabbath.  I liked verses 6-14 especially.
Anyway, we're having a baptism coming up on March 8th, the Romanian Mothers' Day, and V..., one of our investigators will be baptized by C..., her son.   So that'll be a pretty good Mothers' Day present for her I think!
I hope all of you are having a super good week!  I love you all, and I'll talk to you next week!
"Luați asupra voastra numele lui Hristos și spuneți adevărul cu sobrietate." - Doctrina și Legamintele 18:20
Love, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment