Szervusztok!
So it's been another good week here in Oradea! We didn't get a lot of lessons this week but we did manage to find our referral we got a week and a half ago. Unfortunately he was leaving his house right when we got there so hopefully he wants to talk to us when we go back this week.
This week we had District Conference and it was awesome! President Hill came with Sora Hill, President and Sora H..., the assistants, everyone. And we also got to see all the members from Arad, Timisoara, Cluj, and... DEVA!!! I was super excited to see them. The F... family came and I got to talk to them and also G..., who was baptized last year while I was there. Basically it was super cool to see them again and to see a bunch of other missionaries too. Also, Elder N..., who's serving there right now and was at the conference, is being transferred to Oradea on Wednesday so it was cool to see him again too before he actually comes. He's Romanian originally from a town near Deva so that's pretty cool. The conference itself was super good too. Sora Hill gave a really good talk about (among other things) not taking offense at people because that's the one sure way to never have an enemy. I thought that was cool. The whole conference was themed around love and unity and all the talks were super good.
Also this week we renewed our ad for another month so it'll be up there through November, and Elder T... left on Saturday and is going home on Wednesday. It's super weird to see people leaving now because they were all young missionaries when I got into the mission, so the only conclusion is that now I'm an old missionary. There are only 10 or so other missionaries who are going home before me. Weird. But anyway, it was a great week and I hope all of you had a week similar in greatness to the one which was mine!
With Love, Elder Michael Abbott
Și acum, din cauza necredinței lor, ei nu puteau înțelege cuvântul lui Dumnezeu; iar inimile lor au fost împietrite. Mosia 26:3
Acela care ţine poruncile Lui primeşte adevărul şi lumina până când este slăvit în adevăr şi cunoaşte toate lucrurile. D&L 93:28
Me with some workers at Caritas, a place where we do service by serving meals to homeless people. All the people who work there are super cool.
A tiger car complete with...
tiger interior!
Elder T... and Elder Abbott
Elder Abbott and Elder N...
A cool church under construction
Cool picture #1 taken with Elder P...'s cool camera
Cool picture #2 - Elder Abbott kicking the ball to....himself!

No comments:
Post a Comment