Monday, October 24, 2011

Elder Tiexiera Conference

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and boys will be boys. Here's a picture of "Shiva", their mannequin toy doing a bicycle kick.
This is so funny. No really. I almost can't believe this is real. This is C A R P, you know, the fish. In Romania, the name of this fish, the CARP, is Crap. I am going to look at this all day and laugh!
Elder Kopsa in front of "P TIS R RNSticA" (Patiseria Rustica)
The front of the Panduri, Bucharest chapel. Wow, what a beautiful building!
Elder Abbott and an Orem High buddy, Elder Brayden Martin. So fun!


Hey everyone!

This was a cool week! We had a conference with Elder Jose A. Tiexiera of the seventy for all of the missionaries in our mission. It was spread across 2 days, with the 2 Bucharest zones and the Bacau zone the first day, followed by the Arad, Sibiu, and Chisinau zones the second day. I was the first day with the Bucharest West zone. He came and gave us a great conference, and told us about lots of things that he had seen help missionaries to get more progressing investigators who actually get baptized. He has a cool system that he wants us all to start of praying with investigators and members for the people they are concerned about in their lives in order to find out which part of the gospel can help them the most. The idea is that then we can go teach those people, or send other missionaries to them. He also gave us tips on what we need to get out of people when contacting in order to actually have lessons with them (addresses.) and pretty much just gave a really great motivational conference. It was very spiritual and I loved it. Pretty much the lesson I got out of it was that regardless of what we want to do, we need to do what we need to do. That means being bold and praying with people like he told us too, being more straightforward with people, and just doing missionary work all the time.

We also got at the conference DVD players. Now, before you freak out and wonder why we're getting DVD players, just know that I did the same thing. I actually didn't believe Elder Finch (one of the Assistants to the President) when he told me the first time. We got them to help us do missionary work better. We don't take them out of our apartments, but the goal for them is that we can watch the PMG District DVD's that are designed to teach missionaries what kind of missionary work is good missionary work, and also that we can watch church films with them. Elder Tiexiera told us that the church has found that missionaries who consistently watch the PMG District DVD's are more effective missionaries.

With the day in Bucharest for the conference came some visa work (I got a visa! :) ) and also a chance to meet up with a lot of the missionaries I either haven't met or haven't seen for a while. I got to spend quite a bit of time with Elder Brayden Martin, which was great as we're from the same high school. Pretty much it was a great week for a conference and I loved it! Sper că voi sunteţi piersiceşti!

Până ce ne vom scrie unul pe altul din nou, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment