
Razvan, me, and Donuti with our pumpkin that we carved


Some of the pumpkins from the carving. Mine is the one with the ghost sticking out of its head.

Oatmeal. We were trying to find something that we could eat that's really cheap that we ate in America, and here it is.


Just a pic from off the street in front of our bloc.

A cool purple light ball the city put up for Christmas. There are lots more too.
Hey everyone! So, as the title of this week's email says, I really don't know what the coolest thing that happened this week was, so I'll just start somewhere and go in random order. First, Claudia, the mother of that family I told you about a few weeks ago is getting baptized on the 12th of November! We had a lesson with President Spooner and Fratele Radulescu present at their house in Slatina with their entire family, and afterwards President Spooner took her husband and her aside to talk about things and they said that they want Claudia to be baptized! So President Spooner set the 12th of November as her baptismal date, and Elder Kopsa and I gladly accepted. She's such a great person and investigator and it's so great that she's being baptized! She is now one of the many investigators with baptismal dates set in November (so far 19), which is looking like it will be one of the largest baptizing months in the history of the mission. Also, Gina, one of the other CraiovaElders' investigators, is being baptized on the 26th of November. This week was also interview week! Once every other transfer President and Sora Hill travel around the country with the Assistants and do interviews while the Assistants teach the missionaries lessons on how to do missionary work. Interviews are great and it was a great help and motivator to Elder Kopsa and I. It's always great to see them and it was very fun to have them there. The Assistants challenged us to make a miracle happen in this last week, and when that night we called them to say that Claudia had just set a baptismal date they said our miracle came to fast and that we needed to do another one before the week ended. :) So we did another miracle. We went on exchange with the Zone Leaders of the Bucuresti West Zone, and received contact information for more people in the space of 12 hours than we had for the entire transfer. I went with Elder Johnson on exchange and we found a development in the south-eastern part of Craiova with an entire community full of young, happy families, who all seemed to love the gospel, and many of whom asked us to come back later. Elder Kopsa, meanwhile, was with Elder Pettit finding a community in the north-western part of Craiova full of happy, young families, many of whom asked them to come back later. It was a pretty awesome day and Elder Johnson taught me a lot of things about missionary work and how to be a more effective missionary. They also gave a lesson at District Meeting that morning which really showed the importance of baptismal dates in missionary work. Short version: If you have progressing investigators and they don't have a baptismal date, what are they progressing to? Good point. Also, yesterday I decided to crack open our area book for a little bit and contact some people during some down time and, in the space of 4 phone calls I found 2 people who wanted to meet this week and 1 person who wanted me to call back later when he could ask his family when they would be available. It was cool to see how missionary work can still happen inside an apartment. Pretty much this week was just bomb awesome and I liked it a lot. Part of that is also because we had a Halloween party with Romanians who didn't know how to carve pumpkins before. I hope all of you liked your weeks just as much as I liked mine, but sorry, I'm not sure you did. :) Anyway, until next week, I hope you all do well and that you're all healthy and safe! Love you all! Doctrine şi Legăminte treizeci şi opt cu douăzeci şi şapte, Elder Michael Abbott
No comments:
Post a Comment