Haha gotcha! It didn't really snow. It's actually super hot right now.
This was a fun week! We started the week with P-day in Bucharest and we went gokarting and laser tagging and got mail and packages. It was super fun. The Go Karts were a lot faster than any I've ever driven and it was intense. Then later in the week of course we had the FOURTH OF JULY!!!! Which was super fun. We had a very American lunch (Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Root Beer, Pringles, and watermelon), followed by a very fun time drawing the biggest American flag ever drawn with chalk EVER! For real, we should submit this to Guinness World Records or something. The flag was 9 feet 2 inches tall and 18 feet 4 inches wide. I don't know if that's exactly how it's supposed to be but it was pretty big and close enough to correct proportions I think. After that we had a barbecue with our branch and taught them how to play American Football! It's the first time I've played since I got to Romania and it was really fun.
Other than the 4th of July and P-Day we also had An...'s baptismal interview happen this week. She passed easily (she's definitely one of the most prepared people I have ever seen) and she'll be baptized this Friday! We also got a few good potential investigators that we're hoping to be able to work with. Other than that... we also got a visit this week from President Heninger and his wife (he's the second counselor in the mission presidency) and we found out that two of the senior couple missionaries who are serving in Romania and Moldova right now used to be partiarchs and that thanks to a request President Hill made to his good friend Elder Boyd K. Packer, they have permission to give patriarchal blessings to Romanians and Moldovans who are fluent in English. This is a huge blessing for all of the Romanians and Moldovans, because even if not all of them can get patriarchal blessings yet, some of them can. The only other way to get blessings before was to go to Ukraine or Germany and to get a blessing in Ukranian, Russian, German, or English. Not all of the members can do that obviously so it's awesome that they'll finally be able to get those blessings! I'm super excited for them.
Anyway, other that that we had an exchange this week which was fun. I was with Elder L... and we're super good friends so I had a super fun time. I hope all of you had a great 4th of July and that you're all doing well! I love you all!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott
"Când credinţa înlocuieşte îndoiala, când slujirea altruistă elimină strădania egoistă, puterea lui Dumnezeu face să se îndeplinească scopurile Sale." -Președintele Thomas S. Monson
Elder Abbott ready to go!
Laser tag
A (less) official license plate
Mac n cheese
Us with our flag
Our flag 4 days after drawing it

No comments:
Post a Comment