Monday, July 2, 2012

Give Me Liberty!


Fourscore and seven seconds ago I started writing an email that will be very patriotic because I'm SUPER EXCITED FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY!  I know I'm in Romania and that they don't celebrate it here, but we convinced our branch that we should have an activity on Wednesday so I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm sure this picture of my planner for this Wednesday explains it all.
This was a pretty good week.  We did a lot of contacting and we got a few potential investigators out of it.  Nothing to huge, but it's progress.  An... is still going strong and should be getting baptized on the 13th still.  Also the other elders in our district have a baptismal date now too which is awesome!  Their investigator's name is A... and she was one of our English students who liked the gospel so they taught her.  She's super cool too.
Mostly this week was cool because of studies.  I'm reading the Old Testament cover to cover right now and this week I read the story of Job and some other stuff that was really cool.  It was just cool reading about all the things that Job went through and how he got through it.  Also it was cool reading about Nehemiah and Ezra and the rebuilding of Jerusalem that happened during their time.  I honestly really like the Old Testament which is surprising but also awesome.  Pretty much up until now I had always thought of the Old Testament as only boring descriptions of the law of Moses but there's a lot of stuff in their that is really cool and I've found a lot of cool things in there that have helped me understand the other scriptures and life better.  It's been really good.
I'm really looking forward to this week and I hope all of you are doing great!  Have a great 4th of July!  I love you all!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott
"Prin răbdarea voastră vă veţi câştiga sufletele voastre"
Luca 21:19

 Every missionary's dream

A car...in case the license plate didn't give it away!
 read above for explanation
Elder Abbot, M... and Elder Lah... making a Romanian flag with their wristbands

No comments:

Post a Comment