Monday, November 19, 2012

Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving!
I know it's not Thanksgiving yet for all of you, but for me pretty much it was because we played the Turkey Bowl this morning in Arad and it was sick!  And that means it must be thanksgiving right?  We even had pizza for our thanksgiving feast!  It was a super fun p-day and we had an intense game (final score: 140-133.  I know that's not showing much defense, but there were actually probably 7 or 8 turnovers for each team at least.  If that's not the most intense overseas missionary turkey bowl you'll ever hear of, I don't know what is).
Also this week we had 2 exchanges which were good.  I went with Elder N... on Wednesday and with Elder M... Saturday.  We only have one more exchange this transfer and it's tomorrow.  Everything's going really well here as far as investigators (as far as I know haha).  I wasn't at most of the lessons this week because I was on exchange, but Ma... is doing pretty well according to Elder P... and M... is still just as cool as always.  We also have two really cool English students we might be able to work with soon.  One is named H... and is reading stuff from the Book of Mormon and the other is named E... (It's a hard name to say so we just say E...) and she speaks English like a boss!  She sounds almost exactly like an American.  She's pretty cool too and talked to the missionaries on mormon.org when she had a question.  She's also been reading the Book of Mormon already which is cool.
This Thursday we're going to Zone Conference with Elder Kerr of the 70 so that'll be pretty cool.  Lately I've been reading the Book of Mormon again cover to cover.  I don't know how many times this is now in my mission but I have lots of time to study so it helps us to read a lot.  I'm in 3rd Nephi now (right at the very beginning) and it's been awesome!  I love the Book of Mormon.
I hope all of you have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott
La noi în România nu se zice "Thanksgiving".  Se numeşte această sărbătoare Americană "Ziua Mulţumirii" pentru că se vorbeşte limba Română aici.

No comments:

Post a Comment