Monday, November 26, 2012

Zone Conference

Alo. Salut. Sunt eu... (ghiciţi care melodie e asta)
This week we had a combined zone conference with Iaşi, Chişinău, and Cluj's zones and it was really fun!  We had Elder Kerr as a guest speaker, who's from the third quorum of the 70.  He's from Scotland and he has a cool accent which made it that much more fun to have zone conference with him there.  He talked a lot about how our mission is one of the most consistent missions in Europe which is good and bad at the same time haha.  Basically we're not getting any worse but also we're not having any improvement (numbers-wise) so he talked a lot about what we should do to change that.  It was a really good conference.  Also President Hill talked about priorities and I liked his presentation.  During the departing missionary testimonies Elder E... gave probably the funniest testimony quote ever and it was definitely the quote of the conference: "The Atonement makes it so you can have no regrets and still do regrettable things."  Haha there was silence for a second and then everyone started laughing including Elder Kerr (and Elder E...).  I'm going to miss him.
Zone conference was on Thanksgiving so we had a little Thanksgiving dinner of tur-chi-key-li (it was just chili.  No turkey unfortunately, but that's alright.)  It was made by one of the senior couples in Bucharest who make super ridiculously good food and it was some of the best tur-chi-key-li I've ever had.  We didn't really do any other exciting things for Thanksgiving though.
Also this week we had one last exchange within our district.  I went with Elder N... and we had a good day.  It's crazy that this transfer is almost over!  This week we'll find out what's happening at transfers.  And today we went to the fortress in the middle of Oradea.  I hadn't gone since I had gotten here but it was really cool.  We couldn't go inside because they're rebuilding it right now but we walked around the outside and it was pretty legit.  I hope you all have a good week!
With Love, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment