Tuesday, March 26, 2013

District Conference, Baptisms, and my Sicilian

Hey Everyone!
This has been a pretty good week.  It was really sad to see so many of my mission friends go home, but I'll see most of them again soon enough haha.  The rest of the week was awesome.  We had a baptism for M... and Ş... on Wednesday night and it went really well.  Elder S... baptized M... and I baptized Ş... and it was a super cool experience.  Also the program was really good.  We had Sora I... speak and she gave a really good talk and Sora G... and Elder T... did a musical number that was really good.  I was super happy that they got baptized before I left.
Thursday I came into Ploieşti and it's pretty cool here.  Like cold even.  It's snowing right now.  I totally thought winter was over.  I haven't seen much of the city yet because we had district conference and zone training going on in Buc so we've been back and forth but it seems like the city is pretty cool.  We have 8 missionaries in our district plus a senior couple.  My companion is Elder C... and he's Sicilian... so don't mess with him when death is on the line.  He's super cool and is teaching me Italian.  I can't say very much yet, though of course.
Also we had District Conference and that was super legit!  I got to translate into English with Elder S... for all the English speakers and it was fun but a little stressful.  But it went really well.  I got to translate President D...'s talk and he's really funny so it made it fun.  Also we had a general authority from Finland and he was really cool.  And then after the conference M... and Ş... got confirmed and that was super cool too.  It was a really good way to end the week.
Pretty much that's what's happening.  We got whitewashed in here so we don't really know our investigators yet but this week we'll meet with them and I'll let all of you know what's up.  I heard one of them is super close to being ready for baptism.  So hopefully that happens.
I hope all of you have a good week!
Io posso parlare Rumeno meglio di Italiano... Ba e greu.  E mult mai uşor să folosesc Limba Română.
With love, Elder Michael Abbott

Elder C... and Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment