Monday, January 23, 2012

Book of Mormon Stories

 Michael in his car
 Michael and the beast dog
Protests



Hey everyone!
It's been another good week in Craiova!  We finally got snow here yesterday.  It snowed for a half hour or so while we were in Sacrament Meeting (I could see out the window), but it was all gone before we got out of church.  And today it's pretty warm, so I don't think it'll snow again for at least a few more days.
Elder Lee and I are still doing lots of contacting here.  We're having trouble getting people to actually want to have lessons with us, but it's not too bad.  Just the post-holiday slump I guess.  Ha I can't wait for Spring to come and make everyone happy and want to go outside again, though.  It seemed much easier to contact people in Deva when it was warm.
Elder Lee and I stayed plenty busy at church yesterday, too.  I conducted the music in Sacrament meeting, blessed the sacrament (bread and water) and gave the Sunday School lesson, and Elder Lee gave a talk in Sacrament meeting, and translated the other speaker's talk.  I felt bad for him because he basically did all of the talking in Sacrament meeting.
One fun thing that happened this week was that we visited the Panduru family.  They're a member family with a single mom, and 2 kids, Diana, who's 6 or 7, and Dorian Stefano who's 2 or 3 or something like that.  We acted out the Nephi getting the brass plates story with them, though, so that they would actually pay attention to our lesson and it turned into Diana (who was Laman) using a plastic hack saw toy to attack Laban (Elder Lee) and Nephi (me) so that she could take the brass plates for herself.  Then the whole time Dorian (who was playing Sam) rode around on his little plastic car to Jerusalem (the stool where Elder Lee was) and back to the wilderness (the bed) and back to Jerusalem, and back to the wilderness, and back to Jerusalem...  It made it a super fun lesson, though, so we'll probably act out all of our lessons with them now so that they can actually participate :)
Not much else happened this week.  Except my sister was in the Seminary Centennial!  So watch it.

http://seminary.lds.org/history/centennial/eng/ 

Anyway, until next week
Je suis American
Love, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment