Monday, January 16, 2012

More of the usual

Hey everyone!
So this has been a pretty normal week, just contacting, more contacting, and a few lessons with members.  We finally got an investigator to meet with us, Doru.  He's cool, really smart, just needs to get married so he can be baptized.  He's been investigating for over a year on and off.  He knows it's all true just is saving up money for his wedding because they like having big weddings here in Romania.  We also have a few lessons set up already this week and we found two cool guys yesterday who are interested in coming to church.
We had interviews this week with President and Sora Hill, and the Assistants.  The way interviews usually work is that President and Sora Hill interview each person (so I would be with President Hill while Elder Lee is with Sora Hill, then we switch), then when that's done we have a lesson with the AP's where they help us by giving tips on how to work and what we need to do better.  I really like interviews so it was cool that they could come.
Also, not this week, but last week (I forgot to tell you last week)  I had the weirdest food I have had in Romania so far!  It's called "piftie" (PEEF-tee-ay).  It's a dish made with unflavored chicken, unsalted vegetables, and (slightly) garlic flavored jello!  Seriously, it wasn't bad I guess, but actually it was pretty bad.  We had it at a member's mom's house, and Fratele Rădulescu was also with us and he LOVED it.  I don't understand how you can like something like that, but I guess everyone has their own taste.  I don't mind not eating that again for...ever haha. :)
Also, I don't know how many people know but apparently there are riots in Romania right now?  I honestly didn't even know until last night, but there have been riots in Bucharest and other major cities.  Apparently also here in Craiova, but they were so small that I didn't even find out about it until a taxi driver told me this morning.  Haha so if any of you were worrying, don't worry.  My zone leaders said that no missionaries have been involved at all, and no one has been hurt.
Anyway, I hope all of you have a fabulous week!
Sunt în o ţară cu proteste!  Ce mişto nu?
Love, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment