Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone!
It's so crazy to think that it's 2012!  And I'm just starting the year that I'll spend completely in Romania (and maybe Moldova)!  This last week was pretty good.  We weren't able to meet with very many people, so we spent a lot of time contacting, but it was still great!  We had a cool lesson with a former investigator of Elder Toronto, a missionary who left right before I got here and who served in Craiova a loooong time ago.  The investigator comes to church once every 2 or 3 weeks and to English classes, but never wants to meet with missionaries.  He was the only one who showed up to English on Saturday, so I just straight up asked him what he thought about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, etc.  Turns out he beleives everything.  He said that our church is true, everything we teach is true, he believes that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, etc.  He knows church history better than almost anyone I've ever known, cool stuff like the day Moroni appeared to Joseph, etc.  So pretty much just the most prepared person for baptism ever.  And I asked him why he hasn't been baptized, and he just said that it's never too late and he wants to know more and stuff.  So we'll work on helping him help God change his mind. :)
Church was also great.  We had the branch president from Constanţa there at church because he was visiting his mom in Craiova.  He is super cool and has a little baby girl (11 months I think) and a wife and everything all in the church, basically just a normal family!  It was super cool to see a normal, united family in the church, I haven't seen too many for a while.  It was awesome, though, because it was fast and testimony meeting too and he bore testimony of family and it was just great.  Super spiritual.  Anyway, not much else exciting happened this week.  We did get to "watch" fireworks, as in hear them and see light flashes through the extremely dense fog we had New Year's eve.  So really we didn't watch them or see them at all.  But it was still fun. :)  I hope all of you are having a great week and that you all have a great 2012!  Happy New Year!
De obice nu fac aşa, dar datorită revelionului vă urez un AN fericit!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott 
P.S. Transfers are this Wednesday and..... I'm not going anywhere.  I'm staying in Craiova with Elder Lee, just us two on the town walkin' 'round, up and down (other noun).  I'm excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment