Monday, April 9, 2012

Mai vorbim după Paște

Hey everyone!
It's been another great week in rainy Pitești.  We've had a lot of rain in the last few days which has made it tough to contact but it's okay because it's washing away all the nasty sand build-ups that were left after the snow melted (Romanians spread sand instead of salt on snow to try to get it to melt in the winter, which unfortunately means that there's a lot of sand all over everything after the snow melts.  The clear it up pretty well but it's finally all going to be gone I think).  Unfortunately for us we found out that Elder Caussé, who was formerly part of the Europe Area Presidency and was called at Conference to the Presiding Bishopric, won't be able to come for zone conferences next week because of his new calling.  So zone conferences are cancelled this transfer.  It's super cool that he's going to be in the Presiding Bishopric, though!
This week was pretty long, I'm not going to lie.  The rain made it tough to contact during the weekend and most of the week we spent contacting.  Lately  all we've been able to get is numbers and return appointments, because everyone's getting ready for Easter (hence "Mai vorbim după Paște.").   I can't wait for Easter, though, and we had some cool experiences this week.  First of all, in one bloc that we were contacting, there were people talking on the bottom floor.  Usually we don't knock doors when people are standing right there because it's awkward for us and they ruin contacts sometimes, but as we walked down the stairs I was thinking "I don't even care if people ruin my contact and it's awkward!" So we knocked on the door, and a lady answered.  The first thing she said was "I know who you are, and I'm not interested."  We got talking to her somehow anyway, and she ended up being super cool.  She knew English pretty well, has a sister who lives in the US, has been to the US twice, has heard of our church, and is actually interested, she just was scared of talking to us at first.  So we're planning on meeting with her after Easter (haha like I said everyone says "after Easter").  Also this week we met up with C...'s wife (C... is the recent convert if you don't remember), whose name is V....  She said a few weeks ago that she wants to be baptized, just that she doesn't know when.  We had a super good, super spiritual restoration lesson with her, and C... said later that some of the stuff we said was super applicable to her life right now.  As in some of the things that we emphasized more than normal in the lesson were things that she's worrying about right now.  He did really well as a member present, as well, and she really enjoyed it.  I can't wait for us to have another lesson with her soon.
So basically this week was pretty good.  We did lots of contacting, we're both super tired, but we're excited for this week and it looks like it will be a super good week with Easter and everything coming up.  I really like Easter.  I'll get some good pictures for all of you too hopefully.  I can't promise, though, because I'm Romanian culturized (e mai bine să fac fără să promit decât să promit și să nu fac).
I hope all of you have a great week!
With love, Elder Michael Abbott
Păi... nu știu ce să zic.

No comments:

Post a Comment