Hello Everyone!
So this was a good week. I chilled in Bucharest with Elder D... for a few days waiting for my boboc to get here, and I got... Elder E...! I actually found out Tuesday night because we saw the new elders their first night when they came contacting. He's from LeGrange, Texas, is the youngest of 9 siblings (5 brothers, 3 sisters and him), and he's turning 20 next month. So now you know who he is.
On Friday we had a cool experience when we went and put an advertisement in a newspaper for our English Classes. While we were there one of the ladies in the newspaper asked if she could interview us and do an article about us. So we called President Hill and got permission, a little coaching from Sora Hill, and had our interview. They published our article today in the newspaper. I wasn't in the picture but they quote me a few times. Here's the link:
http://www.curier.ro/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34763&Itemid=375
It was pretty cool to do the interview and I'm glad they asked us because it's always better for us to tell them what we believe instead of other people.
On Saturday we had a branch service project and we did it with the "Let's Do It, Romania!" national cleaning day they had. We went to Vidraru, up a little north of Poienari, right at the beginning of the Transfăgărășan and it was suuuuuper pretty up there. We cleaned up trash and took pictures and it was great. That took up most of our day because of travel, but it was great and we had quite a few people ask who we were who went with our group up to Vidraru. It was a really fun day.
On Sunday we had church, and then... SKYPE!!! I got to talk to my momma and my family and it was super great! It made my week. But yeah, so that's pretty much my whole week this week! I'm having a great time as a trainer and I hope you are all having a great time getting ready for summer! I love you all!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott
Am avut o altă experiență bună în acest weekend. Am terminat cu cititul noului testament pentru prima mea dată! Mi-a plăcut.
Getting ready and heading out to do service.
Elder Abbott at Vidraru
Our group after the service project
skyping with my family

No comments:
Post a Comment