Monday, May 7, 2012

Come to Daddy

Hello World!
So, surprises come in all shapes and sizes, but apparently mine this week is coming in the shape and size of a 19 year old missionary fresh off of a 19 hour plane ride with dark hair and a 50% chance of glasses.  Ha I'm training!  So obviously I'm super excited, but also a little nervous.  Sorry I can't tell you who my companion is yet because even I don't know.  There are 2 elders coming in from the MTC tomorrow (Elders E... and Br...) and I'll get one of them.  I find out which one on Wednesday at 4:00 PM Romanian time.  And then I'll be a father!  Haha I think I've told all of you before, but in our mission at least (and maybe all over the world I don't know) when we train we call our trainee our son, and we are their father.  So I'm going to be a dad!  Also, we call our trainees "boboci" which means "baby ducklings" instead of greenies.  But, until then I'm staying here in Bucharest because...
I also had to drop off Elder B....  It's super sad, I know.  He's a super good friend of mine even though we've only been together for 12 weeks.  But I'll miss him a lot.  He's off right now in his exit interviews and I've got Elder D... as my companion until Wednesday afternoon.  As for Elder B..., he'll be leaving Wednesday morning.  So I still have another chance or two to say goodbye which is good.
This was a pretty good week.  Honestly it's mostly just overshadowed by the fact that I'm training and that Elder B...'s done with his mission.  He said it's gone by super fast and I believe it because I've almost been out a whole year and I just realized how fast my mission is going.  We had a lot of visits with members this week before Elder B... went home, and we also managed to meet with our two investigators A... and L....  They're both doing really well.  We had a great fast and testimony meeting yesterday and a lot of recent converts bore their testimonies which was awesome.
It's been a crazy week and I can't believe everything that's happening!  Not to mention that this week I get to skype home too haha.  But yeah, so everything's great here, I hope all of you are great and I love you and I'll talk to you next week!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott
Vekony a născut pe Hyatt, Hyatt a născut pe Abbott, Abbott a născut pe...
Neemia 12:10

 CTR ring imprinted in silly putty
 Elder B..., C... and Elder Abbott
Elder Abbott, Sora I..., A...a, Elder B... and V...
Elder B..., M... and Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment