Hey Everyone!
So it's been another great week here in Pitești! We had a lot of fun stuff happen and it was great for missionary work too!
So first off we got to do more service this week, this time for a member. His name is M... and his family is moving to a house they're building in the countryside, so we went to move scrap metal out of where they want their little garden to be, we helped organize their yard so that the construction will be easier, and the coolest (and most dirty) part, we went into the swamp behind where their house will be and started cutting down all the reeds and stuff back there so they can drain it and make it into a giant garden. We used knives and a sickle (like a legit sickle!) and wore rain boots so we could walk out into the swamp without getting too dirty. It was super fun and we're going back this week to help them some more.
Also this week we went with a different member to the philharmonic again. A few weeks ago we went to "Vă Place Bach?" with him and this week we went to a cello piano duet thing that was super cool. The piano player was super good.
Other than that we did a lot of missionary work, I had an exchange with Elder La..., and I hit my year mark in my mission. Crazy. It's super weird to think about. Also we got a referral from the Barcelona, Spain Mission for a family that lives here. We tried contacting it and ended up finding the lady's mom, but she turned out to be super cool. She's Orthodox but practices a different religion here called "Biserica Creștină după Evanghelia" if I'm remembering right. She's super cool and I hope she progresses, as well as the real referrals who we're still trying to contact.
Anyway, it was a great week. Today we went to the Monastery in Curtea de Argeș about an hour north of Pitești. It's cool, and also on the back of the 1 leu bill, so it's cool to have been to such a famous place. Anyway, I hope all you are doing well back home, and I'll talk to you next week!
With Love, Elder Michael Abbott
Dacă multă lume sare de la vârful unui munte oare aceasta înseamnă că și tu trebuie să faci așa?
Elder Abbott with a sickle, Elder La... with a knife
(I zoomed in so you could see the sickle better)
(I zoomed in so you could see the sickle better)
the concert
A pork chop shaped like Romania!
The monastary in Curtea de Arges
The back of a 1 Leu bill

No comments:
Post a Comment