So we had another good week here we didn't get to meet with M... unfortunately because he's still out of town but we talked to him on the phone and he's doing okay. We also got to meet with R... and G... and A... and A... at the Christmas party we had on Saturday and then we visited R... and had a lesson with him later that night. He's super cool and we're hoping his whole family can make some progress this week. Also at the Christmas party R... and I had a super fun duet/sing-along with all of the other members there. He plays violin and we got a violin/piano duet of "O Little Town, O Bethlehem" and played it at the party and then also just picked a bunch of hymns and played them while everyone sang along. It was a super fun activity and we also got sarmale which makes any activity anytime the best activity haha. Besides them we also have an investigator C... who has been an investigator for a long time (a year or so) but has been busy a lot and hasn't been able to meet consistently with the missionaries but now we're meeting with him again and he's doing pretty well and told us he'd pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith last time we met with him.
This week we also went caroling with the ZL's cause they came on exchange and that was fun. We wrapped up pliante and Book of Mormons and gave them out as presents to people who opened their doors to listen to us. That was super fun and also for district meeting this week we watched the Christmas Devotional which was super good and spiritual. Not much else big happened this week except for the fact that I conducted my first church meeting ever and it was kinda weird haha. Our Branch President is out of town right now (I guess he's always out of town. He lives in Bucharest and comes every week just to be Branch President. Just right now he's staying in Bucharest with family for the holidays) and he made me the first counselor when I got here so that when he had to stay in Bucharest I could take care of everything. It was a good church meeting with only 7 of us there but we forgot that President B... usually brings the bread so we had leftover cozonac from the Christmas party for our sacrament. Haha the whole time I was conducting and sitting on the stand I felt like Elder H....
This is going to be a super awesome Christmas! We're going to Bucharest today to have P-day with the missionaries there and then we'll probably go again another day to skype because there aren't any places to Skype here in Alexandria. But yeah I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you next week! Merry Christmas!
Love, Elder Michael Abbott

No comments:
Post a Comment