Monday, February 4, 2013

Sheep


Vă salut fraţilor!
Haha I hope all of you had a great week especially with a superbowl which my dad said was pretty exciting even if there was a power outage.  It was a pretty good week here in Alexandria we just did more work basically.  We're having a really hard time to find people to teach but we had some highlights this week anyway which included
1. President M... (our branch president) made us ridiculously good omelettes.  We went over to his apartment to visit him and his family and when we got there he's like "do you want food?"  And we were like "no we have food waiting for us at home."  and he said "no, I'll make you food.  It only takes 5 minutes so I'll just make you some."  (basically that's how Romanians are.  They're super hospitable when you know them and never let you leave their apartment or house without either drinking something or eating something or both) so he goes into the kitchen and came back like 5 minutes later with probably the best omelette I've ever had.  I don't know how he made it so well but it was just a plain egg, chees, and cârnaţi omelette but it was super good.
2. We had N... do some progressing this week.  She's just struggling with a member in the branch but really she could be baptized tomorrow if she didn't have that holding her back.  She's super cool and really just wants to learn about God's true church and wants to do what's right.  She's super legit so we're hoping all these problems work out and she'll get baptized!
3. While we were out knocking vile one evening at around 7:30 (after it was already dark) we heard a noise.  It was a strange noise.  So we turned around, and riding down the middle of the street on a bike was an old gypsy man, wearing a big brimmed gypsy hat like old gypsy men do, smoking a cigarette, and baaaaa-ing like a sheep.  In the middle of the road.  And we just stood there totally confused and he just rode right by us without even looking at us or anything around just baaaa-ing his merry way home.  And then Elder P... is like "that's something you only see once in a lifetime."   Hahahaha....haha.
4. We have one English class which consists of 6 elementary school students, and our other one consists of 1 Romanian who doesn't like speaking English but who I managed to trick using a play on words in Romanian which was funny.  I learned it from someone in Oradea and when I said it the student was totally confused and then just started laughing.
5. We visited M... and he has a good chance of finally getting back to Alexandria (okay maybe not super good but better than he's had until now!)
Anyway basically that was our week.  It was a good week and it was fun and my dad and my sister had their birthdays which is great!  We celebrated here by doing missionary work.  I hope all of you are doing great!
Cu Drag, Elder Michael Abbott
Oare nu ştii că EL a zis?

No comments:

Post a Comment